Key Specs – iPhone 6s and iPhone 6S Plus
Display: Diagonal 4.7″ and 5.5″
Processor/Soc Name: A9, 2 GHz
Max. Total Storage Capacity: 128 GB
Megapixels: 12 MP
Battery Capacity (mAh): 1810 mAh
Every year Apple releases a new variation of their popular iPhone, and I always get rid of my old device and upgrade, no matter how minimal or monumental the changes. This September, an update to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, is expected to be released. Most likely this model will be called the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. As the leaked image from nowhereelse.fr above, and the leaked image from 9to5Mac.com below show, there doesn’t seem to be any change to the outer design of the phone, but there are still many rumored feature changes that make it appealing to the iPhone user and lover.
Many people, including myself, will be selling, recycling, or trading in their current iPhone in order to upgrade.
Rumored new features:
- ForceTouch – Apple is expected to implement their new Force Touch, which is currently on the Apple Watch and Apple MacBook’s trackpad. They describe their new technology like this: “With the Force Touch trackpad, force sensors detect your click anywhere on the surface and move the trackpad laterally toward you, although the feel is the same familiar downward motion you’re accustomed to in a trackpad.”
- New Color Scheme – It is rumored Apple will produce an upscale “Edition” version of the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus in Rose Gold, to match the rose gold Edition Apple Watch.
- Increased Performance – A9 processor, paired with 2GB of RAM or a Qualcomm processor, the ‘9X35′ Gobi chip, and either will possibly double the device’s LTE performance.
- Apple Pay Improvements – New NFC hardware that integrates a “secure element processor” which will streamline the ability to pay with Apple Pay.
- Battery Life Improvements – iOS 9 features a new low-power mode that could increase the existing iPhone’s battery life by up to 3 hours. It is also rumored the iPhone 6S will introduce Inductive Charging which is currently used by the Apple Watch and competitive devices like Samsung Galaxy 6 and S6 Edge.
- Screen Improvements – the high end Apple Watches have sapphire crystals in their faces. Rumor has it the new iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus might have a sapphire display which will offer more shatter and scratch resist than the Gorilla Glass Apple currently uses on the iPhone.
- Camera Improvements – Apple might increase the rear camera’s pixel count from 8 to 12 megapixels, and include multiple apertures for dSLR-quality photos from your iPhone.
- Resolution Improvements – The iPhone 6 currently has a 1,334 × 750 pixel resolution and the 6 Plus has a Full HD resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels. It is reported that the iPhone 6S will sport a Full HD resolution, while the 6S Plus will jump up to a 2K resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels. This will put the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus screen resolutions in competition LG G4 and HTC One M9.
With great improvements to core features like these, it’s no wonder Apple has ordered a record 90 million of these devices manufactured for the launch — almost 10 million more than their predecessors, I know I’ll be selling my current phone in order to upgrade as soon as the devices are available for pre-order so that I don’t miss out.